Kitcarmag

1967 corvette kit car maker

Item Posts    Sort Order

1967 corvette kit car maker

1968z28 1968z28
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/10
Posted: 02/04/10
12:02 PM

I've had this 67 corvette kit car for a while now and am trying to find some information on it.
I believe the original owner built this car in the mid 90's.
It sits on a early 80's monte carlo chassis.
anybody seen one of these?Vette1  

poppasbird poppasbird
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 10/10
Posted: 10/09/10
08:40 PM

I believe the original design was by Bob Hicks doing business as Nice Car Company in the early nineties in North Dakota. I purchased a kit from him and received partial shipment before he sold the company to CK3 Designs in Calgary, Alberta , Canada. I argued with CK3 for some time trying to get the rest of the car, even making a trip to Calgary(from Georgia) to deal face to face. Only to see a newspaper article (2 weeks after I was there) stating the company had filed bankruptcy because the employees had filed a lawsuit for back wages and CK3 could not pay them. I have a rolling chasis and all fiberglass except doorskins and I search periodically for any new companies making the 1967 replica so I might someday make this car from the pile of parts I have. I think only 2 cars were completed- the red one that you have that was built by Bob Hicks and a blue one I looked over in Calgary that CK3 Designs built. I believe I last saw your car in an Ad in Florida @ Bob's Classic Cars about 7 years ago??? I never got a build up manual-- I don't guess your car came with one did it?  

poppasbird poppasbird
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 10/10
Posted: 10/09/10
08:44 PM

I see your Id 1968 Z28. When I could not get the Kit parts I restored a 1968 Firebird 350 HO convertible. It appears we have similar tastes in cars. I also once owned a1967 Camaro RS 327  convertible back in the 80's.  

1968z28 1968z28
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/10
Posted: 11/23/10
10:05 PM

Mine is not the one from bob's classic cars - I saw that one years back after searching around when I firsat got this car. I bought this car through a body shop who was selling this car for the owner. I was told he bought it as a kit and had the car built. It is well made. I have yet to get it back on the road but it is pretty close as the previous owner let it sit too many years so I replace the drivetrain and am replacing the glove box door with original corvette and adding a factory console, emblems and a few other minor things. I too have heard only a couple were ever built.
yes I do love my camaro's - my brother and I have a number of 67 - 72 camaro's  

djones58 djones58
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/12
Posted: 01/16/12
08:12 PM

I too have a couple of these cars. Mine are completely unassembled. I purchased them a year or so ago and have not had time to get around to them yet.  I have both door skins that you need.  I would be interested in talking to anyone that has one of these cars.  Call me @ 850-944-2665.  PS: There must be a common attraction to these cars, I too have a 69 Camaro.  

doug  

mjdee14 mjdee14
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/12
Posted: 08/27/12
10:02 AM

I have one of the nice car corvettes....finished it in 1995 in Nashville TN.  Had to travel to ND to get the remaining parts.  I guess I was lucky to get one completed.  I have about 18,000 miles on it and it still turns heads when seen.  I love the car and have had a lot of fun with it over the years.  I still have some paperwork on the build and most everything ilse I used to complete it.  It was a great design by Bob....too bad he was underfunded.....there was a company in ND gearing up to make over 100 of these cars.  they had a shop set up with MANY frames and parts ready to go.  Bob was supplying them with most of the fiberglass and I was lucky enough to get what I needed from them and Bob promised to replace it.

Would be glad to help anyone in any way to complete their car, pictures, manual pages , etc.  I am in Brentwood TN just south of Nashville.
cell # is 615-498-2982   e mail mjdee14@att.net